“I pride myself on being a strong and compassionate advocate. Each case is
different and each client is unique - I assist the firm’s clients by tailoring my
approach to the issues they face in a manner that addresses their particular
needs and goals.”
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Human Rights Law
Patricia has a broad administrative law and civil litigation practice, serving both private and public sector clients.
Patricia frequently acts as prosecution counsel and independent legal counsel in the professional regulatory context. She has appeared before numerous administrative bodies including the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, the Ontario Municipal Board (now LPAT), and the Financial Services Tribunal.
She acts for both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of litigation matters, including employment and procurement litigation, and has represented clients before various levels of Court in Ontario.
As one of Keel Cottrelle’s Student Program Coordinators, Patricia has the pleasure of overseeing the firm’s student program and serving as an articling student principal.
Prior to attending law school, Patricia enjoyed a five year career as a teacher at a private high school in Toronto where she taught senior level humanities and social science courses.
Publications, News & Media:
- Managing Editor, Keel Cottrelle Professional Regulation Newsletter
- Instructor, University of Guelph and Ontario Association of School Business Officials, Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management Program: Contract Management Course.
- Contributing author to An Educator’s Guide to the Health and Safety of Students, eds. Robert G. Keel and Nadya Tymochenko, Canada Law Book, 2010.
- Called to the Bar in Ontario in 2009
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Ottawa
- Master of Education, OISE/University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Toronto
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation