“Maintaining strong relationships with my clients and taking the time to clearly
understand the needs of their business is a top priority. My clients benefit when I
put that knowledge to use and offer creative, practical solutions to complex legal
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Civil Litigation
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Human Rights Law
Kimberley practices primarily in the areas of education law, employment law, human rights, administrative law and privacy law. Kimberley regularly addresses legal issues specific to the education sector, including student discipline, special education, human rights, family law issues and governance matters.
Kimberley frequently assists clients in understanding their obligations under municipal, provincial and/or federal privacy legislation, including addressing privacy issues, assisting with access requests, and the development and/or review of privacy policies and protocols.
Kimberley advises clients on a variety of employment and human resources issues for employers and employees in unionized and non-unionized work environments throughout the various stages of the employment relationship: from the drafting or review of employment agreements, the development and/or review of human resource policies and resolution of workplace-related matters, to addressing employee terminations or wrongful dismissal claims.
Kimberley appears before administrative tribunals, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Child and Family Services Review Board, the Ontario Special Education Tribunal, the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario and the Ontario College of Teachers. Kimberley has also appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice.
Publications, News & Media:
- Regular contributor to the firm’s KC Education Law Newsletter and the KC Human Resources Newsletter
- Frequent Presenter for School Board Professional Development Sessions - Trustee Training, Human Rights Issues, Human Resources Issues, Student Discipline/Safe Schools, Privacy Issues in Schools.
- Co-Presenter, Education Law for Private and Independent Schools, Osgoode PD November 2018.
- Presenter, “Working with Schools in Custody and Access Disputes” OBA Institute Family Law February 2018.
- Presenter, OBA Institute Administrative Law February 2017.
- Co-Presenter, “Protecting Student Privacy” London Region MISA. May 2016.
- Co-Presenter, “Understanding the Latest on Privacy Rights and Obligations for School Boards” Osgoode PD April 2016.
- Co-Presenter, “Student Mental Health Issues in the School System: Legal Implications” Canadian Schools Network Conference, February 2014.
- Presenter, “Privacy Breaches: Examination of a Privacy Breach” MISA-Toronto, Thunder Bay, Barrie (2010-2013).
- Health & Safety of Students: Keeping Up with Changing Standards, Rights & Reason: Shifting Tides in Law & Education, CAPSLE 2011.
- Contributing author to An Educator’s Guide to the Health and Safety of Students, eds. Robert G. Keel and Nadya Tymochenko, Canada Law Book, 2010.
- Called to Ontario Bar in 2007
- Bachelor of Laws, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), York University
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Advocates' Society
- International Association of Privacy Professionals