“I have many years of experience practising law in a wide variety of areas for
both public and private clients. I continue to find the practice of law interesting
and engaging and I use my breadth of experience to give clients the best advice I
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Banking and Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law
- Charitable and Non-Profit Law
- Commercial Real Estate and Municipal Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Education Law
- Wills and Estates Law
Jim has a varied commercial, estates and real estate law based practice, which includes advising clients on commercial contracts and supply chain management, acting on acquisitions, reorganizations and divestitures, for borrowers and lenders in lending transactions and enforcement of security, and for clients in estate planning and the administration of estates.
Jim also acted for boards of education and other clients in relation to the planning for, acquisition, construction and financing of capital facilities, as well as providing general advice for individuals.
Jim practised law at a large firm before joining Keel Cottrelle LLP in 1987.
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 1979
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Arts, Queen's University
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past President of The Lawyers Club
- Past Chair of the Education Law section of the Canadian Bar Association (Ontario)